Product Description & Reviews
The WGB22B-PB whole house filtration system is a great "point of entry" filtration system for cleaning up well water. Unlike "point of use" systems (like reverse osmosis systems) that are installed to supply water to a specific faucet, the WGB22B-PB filters your water from the source. This means water from every output in your home will have passed through the two filtration stages of the WGB22B-PB. So what exactly do these two stages of filtration offer?The first stage of the WGB22B-PB houses a 5-micron CTO coconut shell carbon block filter. Block carbon is more effective than other forms of carbon in that it is finely ground up carbon packed into a solidified block. This means they have a higher density than other types of carbon filters, and are therefore more effective in removing their targeted contaminants. The carbon block filter knocks out bad tastes and odors, removes over 90% of chlorine from the water, and is highly effective on organic chemicals (VOCs) like pesticides, herbicides, and industrial chemicals. The second stage of the WGB22B-PB houses an iron and lead reducing filter. The FCRC25B iron and lead reducing filter is only included with the WGB22B-PB (and the WGB32B-PB), as it is not needed for most municipal water supplies that the WGB22B targets. If you are on municipal (city) water or a generally clean water supply, you may want to consider the WGB22B over the WGB22B-PB. For removing contaminants and heavy metals like lead and iron found in the majority of well water supplies however, the WGB22B-PB fits the bill. *Note* The lead & iron reducing filter #FCRC25B's capacity for iron is much lower than the capacity for lead. Depending on the amount in your water, the filter may lose effectiveness in removing iron before the life of the filter expires. If iron is the main concern, you may instead want to look at using a filter specifically for iron such as the #FM25B, which is also included in our whole house systems #WGB22BM and #WGB32BM.
Features & Highlights
- Filters the incoming water supply for your entire home
- Removes up to 95% of iron, lead, manganese, sediment, chlorine, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs, and various other contaminants
- Big Blue 20" x 4.5" filter cartridges allow for minimal pressure reduction and extended filter life
- Great for high capacity iron and lead removal. Feed Water Temperature: 40-100 F (4 - 38 C).
- Tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standard, CTO Carbon Block filter uses high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life FCRC25B filter removes lead, iron, manganese, potassium, magnesium, calcium, barium, radium, nickel, copper, mercury, aluminum, tin, and more
|Manufacturer:||iSpring Water Systems|
|Publisher:||iSpring Water Systems|
|Studio:||iSpring Water Systems|
|Item Weight:||29.8 pounds|
|Item Size:||26 x 15.5 x 15.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||39.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||16.5 x 8.9 x 8.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.