Product Description & Reviews
Studies show that a majority of the heat that enters your home comes through the roof into the attic space and then through your ceilings into your living areas. On an average summer day, your attic space can quickly heat up to 40 degrees hotter than the outdoor temperature. By installing RadiantGUARD ULTIMA radiant barrier in your attic, you’ll block 97% of the heat from coming into your living areas below the attic. HOW TO INSTALL ULTIMA RADIANT BARRIER Today, radiant barriers are used extensively in many different industries including construction (both in residential attics and as house wrap and in commercial buildings), pharmaceuticals, agricultural and aviation to name a few. The two primary ways a radiant barrier is installed in an attic space are: • Stapled to the bottom of attic roof rafters • Rolled out over the attic floor (alone or on top of other mass insulations already in place). INSTALLATION TIPS • Start the installation early in the morning when your attic is at its coolest. • Keep plenty of water on hand and drink consistently (even if not thirsty). Attic temperatures can quickly reach up to 40 degrees hotter than outdoor temperatures. • Bring an additional lighting source to help you see in the darker areas. • Always be aware of the attic floor joists you walk on. Some joists may “roll” when walked on if not properly secured. • For DIYers, spread your install out over of a couple of days taking advantage of the cooler morning hours to work on the install. • For contractors, work in groups of two or three having one person cutting the product and handing it to another person stapling it. Shared responsibilities help reduce installation time and reduce the chance of injury from moving around in the attic.
Features & Highlights
- 1,000 SQUARE FEET ROLL (28 pounds): 250 linear feet BREATHABLE (perforated) DOUBLE-SIDED pure aluminum foil radiant barrier insulation; reflects 97% radiant heat
- USED IN RETROFIT & NEW CONSTRUCTION: Best radiant barrier to reduce residential attic temperatures up to 40 degrees; lowers utility bills year round. Thermal insulation used in attic space, garage, garage doors, housewrap, workshop, shed, storage unit, commercial metal building, pole barn, as pallet wrap, and more.
- INDUSTRIALIZED GRADE: Is TEAR & PUNCTURE PROOF yet cuts easily with utility scissors or hack saw. Reflects 97% of the radiant heat.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Non-toxic; non-carcinogenic; fiber free; easy to install; not affected by humidity; maintenance free; does not promote the growth of fungi or bacteria; does not support nesting by rodents or insects.
- ASTM CERTIFIED: Meets all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements for radiant barrier classification (C1313) • Exceeds all FIRE, SMOKE, (ASTM E-86) and BREATHABILITY requirements for building materials (ASTM 96-00). BLOCKs 99.06% of RF signals (IEEE-299) for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility SCIF rooms
|Item Size:||6 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Package Weight:||28.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 7 x 7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.